The Pretty Mindful Mama Life as changed a lot since my last post lol! Yes… I know its been a long time! My little guy is now 6 months old and I think the dust is finally starting to settle. We have started to adjust to being a family of 6! Being in a busy household it’s often hard to be sure that everyone is “ok”. We try to make Friday evenings our special time to unplug and enjoy a special #yolo (you only live once) treat! Spend some quality family time together and reconnect after a busy week. We try to eat clean and healthy for most of the week and then enjoy a treat at the end of the week. Enter these yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I remember back when I first started baking in my teens before Pinterest and Instagram, Cookbooks were where it was at! I am still a Cookbook collector and will likely always be! I get a rush going through the possibilities, exploring new ideas and of course the beautiful photography! My Mom is a fantastic cook ( you’ll meet her and some of her delicious creations soon) but she was never really into baking. My sister used to experiment and inspire me and I remember my Grandma gifted us with “The Betty Crocker Cookbook” and we were in heaven thumbing through all the recipes we dreamed of baking! And then one day… “Mrs. Field’s Best Ever Cookie Book” fell into my hands and I’ve been making her Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies (she shares the recipe herself right here: https://www.mrsfields.com/blogs/blog/2018/07/recipe-blue-ribbon-chocolate-chip-cookies/) ever since!
If you’ve ever had a Mrs. Fields Cookie at the mall, you really need to try these, they are sooooo much better! My boys just love them and my hubby who is cookie hater (the nerve lol) actually enjoyed a couple too, although he was way more interested in the raw cookie dough!
I’m hoping to compile a bunch of my favourite #yolo recipes so that you and your family can enjoy them too in moderation. It’s always nice to share as well so you don’t end up with a treat week vs. a treat day! Please try these cookies and let me know what you think! Also what special rituals do you have with your family to stay connected I’d love some more ideas! xo Charlotte
Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips I like 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet and 1/2 cup milk chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 300F
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment mix the sugars and butter at medium speed to form a grainy paste. Scrape the bowl and add vanilla and eggs. Mix until combined. Do not over mix!
- Add the flour mixture and and chocolate chips and blend gently. Again do not over mix!
- Drop cookies by the rounded tablespoon, 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes . Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Or if you're like me... gooble one as a cooks treat while they are still warm and no one is watching ;)!Enjoy!