Pamper the ones you love! This mindful gift guide will help you to find healthy, thoughtful and sustainable gifts for everyone on your list!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Why Give Mindful Gifts?
I absolutely LOVE giving gifts! The planning, the shopping, the wrapping! It’s all so thrilling to be able to slow down from this busy world of technology and really think about your loved ones and how you can make them feel special! However, I don’t think gifts should be wasteful or unsustainable or contribute to landfills! I like to teach my boys about these values as well! In this personally curated mindful gift guide you will find some of my favorite things to gift (tangible and intangible)! This post will be updated often so come back regularly and check for new gems! It is also a lengthy post so feel free to scroll through for the gift categories that you are interested in!
Let’s start with one of my favorites, Clean Beauty! I love gifting the girls and ladies in my life with beauty products that make them feel great from the inside and out!
Sadly, in my over 20 years in the beauty industry as a hair and make-up artist I know there are so many products out there that are disguised in pretty packages that are completely dangerous to human health due to toxic chemicals! Read all about that here in my Beginner’s Guide to Clean Beauty!
Pure Anada Cosmetics
I love this quality cosmetic brand for the following reasons:
- Clean Formulations – Pure Anada products are non-toxic and derived from nature. They avoid ingredients on the “Dirty Dozen” list as well as the Environmental Defenses Toxic Ten!
- Fairly Traded – Pure Anada’s shea butter comes from a women’s co-op in west Africa. Their Mica supplier ensures that their product is mined ethically in India without the use of child labor. They own their own mines, fund schools, and daycare centers so that the quality of life for their employees is fair.
- Proudly Canadian-Made – Most make up brands are reliant on 3rd party suppliers which is scary in this highly unregulated industry. Pure Anada cosmetics are produced in a certified organic lab and manufacturing facility in Morden, Manitoba. Aside from a few products (nail polish and pencils), they have the benefit of being in control of their formulations, ingredients, and processes.
- Free from Common Allergens – they are committed to choosing ingredients that are least likely to cause skin irritations and allergic reactions.
- Cruelty-Free – Pure Anada has been certified as a cruelty-free manufacturer by the Leaping Bunny program.
I personally love gifting their Princess collection for little girls. I adore these palettes for all your BFF’s, especially this one because of my love of Lucy Maude Montgomery’s, Anne of Green Gables! You really can’t go wrong with any of these luxurious products!
When you visit Pure Anada use the promo code: Prettymindfulmama and you will receive 25% off your order (One time use per customer). Enjoy!
Mindful and Sustainable Gift Ideas
I love paper products as gifts as they are appropriate for almost anyone and can be customized for the recipient by color etc and they are incredibly useful! Here is one of my favorite brands:
Do Good Paper Co.
This company excites me so much!!! They combine two of my favorite things gorgeous and sustainable journals and planners to encourage us to use the beautifully written word in this world of typing and texting! This mindful gift guide would not be complete without including their Beautiful Monthly Planner! Do Good Paper Co.‘s tagline says it all really… “Beautiful Paper Products That Do You and The World Some Good!” Here’s how they DO it:
When you visit Do Good Paper Co and use the promo code: DOGOOD10CS you will receive 10% off your order! Enjoy!
- They use eco-friendly choices like, recycled paper, FSC-approved paper and soy ink.
- Do Good commits to donating a portion of proceeds from the sale of their paper stationery products to 10,000 Trees an organization that plants new trees.
- They offer subscription boxes and each season’s box has a unique theme and supports a separate cause!
- Do Good Paper Co also responds to current events by executing campaigns that can provide aid. They did this in August 2019 for example, to help combat the fires devastating the Amazon Rainforest!
I love this Monthly Planner and I will be filling it with all the excitement I have planned for the new year! A subscription box would also be an amazing gift that keeps on giving by supporting a cause!
Mindful Gifts For the Creative
I absolutely love crafting and love to try to convert everyone I know! I find art so therapeutic and rewarding. It’s an escape and feeds our creative souls. Whenever I can I love gifting creative classes and experiences…or asking for them for myself!
Life I Design
My crafting BFF Mary-Anne and I decided we wanted to learn Modern Calligraphy. We found out a workshop was being offered at one of our favorite quaint gift shops Too Good General Store, (If you are ever in Unionville, Ontario you have to check this place out there are so many beautiful artisan gifts in there. I love the treasures I have collected there over the years!).
We knew we had to try it! I’m so glad we did! Not only did we discover a passion for lettering, but we also met the beautiful and talented Artist and Calligrapher, Nicki Traikos! Nicki is so inspiring as a teacher but also as a person! I’ve taken 2 in-person workshops with her and all of her online classes! I can’t recommend them enough. I am actually so thankful that she offers her workshops online now as it’s so convenient for a busy mama like me that loves to do things on demand! Go visit Nicki and be inspired at Life I Design!
This would be an amazing gift for creatives, teens and anyone who loves learning! Better yet…put these classes on your OWN wish list! What would a mindful gift guide be without some ideas for yourself!
My favorite classes are Introduction to Modern Calligraphy Using a Dip Pen and Ink for Beginners and Learn Brush Lettering Using a Waterbrush! There is something so romantic about writing with a dip pen and ink! You’ll also feel like a true artist using a water brush and watercolors! It’s not intimidating at all. Nicki is a magical creative guide, she takes the overwhelm out of learning a new skill and makes you look like a Rockstar!
Here are the other amazing classes that are offered by Life I design:
- How to Advance your Modern Calligraphy Skill
- Brush Pen Lettering: Learn fresh, modern calligraphy & lettering styles that stand out!
- How to easily digitize your Calligraphy & Lettering using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- How to Expand Your Calligraphy Business
There is something so special about learning a new skill and sharing it with others!
Mindful Gift Guide for Kids
Mindfulness with children is paramount in my opinion. So we can’t forget to include them in a mindful gift guide! My husband and I spend a lot of time talking to our kids about their impact on the world. We talk to them about being conscious of our environment, the importance of self-awareness and their emotions and of course gratitude. In a world of YouTube and Video Games there is an importance for Non-Toy gifts!
Here is another company that I’m head over heels in love with! Not only is the creator Jenn Wu, a dear friend of mine and a beautiful Super Mom of 3, but she shares many of the same passions as me! Jenn has created Journals for kids that help them build a better mindset! I think this is CRITICAL for the survival of this generation. “Want to empower your little hero?
Jenn says, “It starts with a simple practice that can be transformational – it’s all about gratitude. Why gratitude? Gratitude improves self-esteem, relationships, mental strength, and empathy. It reduces stress, anxiety, and aggression.” Visit Jenn at Spark Journals!
Another reason to love Spark Journals… For every journal purchased, they will be partnering with Breakfast Club Canada and WE Charity to donate the equivalent of one meal for a child (either in Canada or in developing nations)! How unbelievable cool and amazing is that?!?!
Jenn at Spark Journals has created this free guide with 5 activities to encourage gratitude with your little ones! Download the guide and spend an afternoon with your little ones celebrating Gratitude!
Mindful Gift Guide for Everyone
This section gives you ideas for really special ideas that are in some cases free or handmade or intangible but still oh so meaningful!
- Experiences! My favorite. Road trips, the movies, interactive parties with friends and family, arts and crafts, sports, bowling… anything that involves spending quality time together!
- DIY Gifts! I love giving and receiving DIY gifts. They are far more special to me than anything that can be purchased in a store. They can be personalized so the recipient really feels the love! Baked goods, Canned Treats, Art, Memory Books, Jewelry, Homemade Clean Beauty Products a Handmade Blanket are just a few ideas.
- Learning Resources and Equipment! Help to encourage learning for the ones you love whether it’s helping them to develop a new skill (music, art, photography, cooking, baking, sports) or encouraging them to chase their dreams and start that business they are so passionate about. Buy gift certificates for business resources, online classes, or equipment that they need to pursue this passion. Be sure to include a special note of encouragement explaining why you think they will be so great and why you want to be a part of their journey!
- Giving Back! Give the gift of giving! Donate to charities that the recipient is passionate about, sign up for sponsorships in their name. Support Breast Cancer, Sponsor a Child, Adopt an Animal, Save the Ocean the sky’s the limit! You could even organize a volunteer opportunity for them to enjoy giving back to the community together!
- Self-Care Gifts! – Certificates for Spa Services, Massage or Hair Care are so pampering! Be sure that the service provider uses “Clean Beauty” products! Or you could host a clean beauty party with your girls and pamper each other!Everyone can bring their own favorite clean beauty product and a snack! Yay!
- Yoga and Meditation! Yoga and Meditation classes would be a fantastic gift for adults and kids alike. Restoring the mind-body connection is so key in a modern world full of distractions. I am actually looking into a family program as I think it would be so much fun to do it all together!
I hope this mindful guide has given you some ideas outside the box for giving gifts that are meaningful without putting pressure on the planet and encouraging connection and self-development! Let me know some of your mindful gift ideas in the comments!