Do you follow beautiful blogs and have you ever wondered…How to become a Lifestyle Blogger yourself? Keep reading and be inspired!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
I’m so honored to feature one of my business mentors and friends today as part of “The Mompreneur Collective”! Welcome to Jessica Burgess of Fantabulosity blog! She will be sharing some essential tips about how to become a Lifestyle Blogger! Jessica is a beautiful Mama to 2 sweet boys! She just moved her little family to the Mountains of Montana! You have to check out her Instagram for the stunning views! Jessica blogs about food, fashion, family, blogging, and anything else that sparks joy in her life!
I am so thrilled that Jessica and I crossed paths a few years ago! She hired me to contribute to her amazing blog! At the time it felt like the stars aligned! I just completed my food photography education and was seriously trying to make a start as a blogger! Here is a little about my story here (this post was written way before I met Jessica and needs a serious update lol).
I admired Jessica’s beautiful blog and it was so great to see that she was successful as a lifestyle blogger! This was exactly what I wanted to do! So many people will advise you to “niche” down with your blog! It was refreshing to see Jessica’s success considering she was writing about ALL of her interests. I worked on 3 projects for her and learned SO much! Jessica is such a giving spirit and wealth of knowledge! It’s not surprising that she eventually became my blogging mentor! More on that later!
How to Become a Lifestyle Blogger!
Let’s find out a little bit more about Jessica and her journey becoming a lifestyle blogger. As a lifestyle blogger Jessica:
- Writes about things she’s passionate about.
- Creates courses for her blogging students.
- Partners with brands, and gets paid a six-figure salary, living the laptop life!
- She does ALL of this while homeschooling her boys!
- She also has a regular date night with her hubby every single week!!! Do I have your attention?!?!
Charlotte: Tell us about your journey to lifestyle blogging and your “Why”
Jessica: For me, blogging started out as a hobby, and creative outlet. The second I found out that you could make money blogging, it was GAME ON! I thought, “Wait, so you could do something that you love to do… and make money while doing it? At first, I thought it was too good to be true until I started digging in and finding out for myself that it really was something that could be done.
In 2015, I left my husband’s office to pursue blogging full-time and try to make a “go” at making money with it. Fast forward 5 years and I’m living the blogging dream. Not only do I get to blog about what makes me happy, but I also get paid for it. I even found a new passion in life along the way! It was to help others start a blog and make money with it too! Each day, my “why” is the same, no matter what I’m working on. I blog to have something of my own for a creative outlet. I also can financially support my family and help others while doing it!
Business Tips from a Mompreneur Lifestyle Blogger
Charlotte: Jessica, What are some of tips you have to share with wannabe Mompreneurs/ Lifestyle Bloggers?
Jessica: Sure I’d love to share some tips!
- Do something that you love. If you wake up every day, dreading your work… it may be time to explore what you COULD do, to enjoy it.
- Be true to who you are. Readers, followers, customers can see right through it if you’re not, and it’s SO much easier being yourself, than trying to be someone you’re not.
- If blogging is of interest to you, you may hear about the “riches in the niches”. Although I don’t disagree that this can be true, I also believe that if you are scared to niche down or if there’s not one particular topic you want to blog about… then that’s ok! Feeling like you have to narrow it down so much, will probably result in you not wanting to blog much, and in-turn will slow down the growth of your success.
- Stick with what you know! In the online space (and I’m sure even in brick & mortar businesses) there’s always something new and exciting coming out that you feel like you have to do or try. Or, you hear one piece of advice and change your whole business strategy. If something is already working for you and your business, keep doing that!
- Think about you business and determine if there’s any part of it that can work FOR you. What can you automate or have draw an income for you while you focus on different areas of the business, or simply even spend time doing something else that you love. The minute your “work” can work FOR you… is a minute that you’ll never forget.
Resources for Starting a Blog!
The most important thing that I’ve learned on my blogging journey is that you have 2 choices, you can go it alone or you can invest in quality education for yourself. Better yet you can find a mentor to help guide you on your path! For the first few years, I went with the former. I watched free youtube videos, spent hours scrolling Pinterest and Google only to find myself getting more and more frustrated. I realized I wanted to take my blogging career more seriously and I knew I needed a solid plan to follow!
How Jessica Helped Me on My Journey…
I already knew that Jessica was an incredible person from my experience working with her on Fantabulosity! When I found out she was offering courses, I had to choose her as a mentor. She would be able to teach me exactly what I wanted to learn… How to Become a Lifestyle Blogger!
I’ve taken a lot of courses and not all of them are created equal! Jessica’s, “Grow Your Blog Workshop” is GOLD! I was lucky enough to take the course live, where I had full access to Jessica for a month! If you sign up for the class you will find her referring to my blog and helping me with writing one of my first real SEO blog posts and even doing a full blog audit giving me constructive advice on how to improve and take my business to the next level. Lucky for you now that the class is recorded you have all the information I received but you will get it all at more than half the price off! Here’s my testimonial after I took the workshop:
“The Fantabulous Blogging workshop was an absolute game changer for me! I decided to take Jessica’s workshop because I was tired of trying to put all the pieces of the blogging puzzle together on my own. Jessica is so real and approachable she delivered all the information in terms a new blogger can easily understand. Make no mistake the information she shares is not basic! It’s the strategies you need to succeed and that she uses herself in her own blog. Jessica is so generous and genuine, she holds nothing back and shares all the golden nuggets! If you’re serious about creating a money making blog this course is for you! Jessica goes above and beyond with her attention to details and incredible mentorship! Thank you so much Jessica! Can’t wait for the next workshop!”Charlotte – “Grow Your Blog Workshop” Student
Take Action with Jessica’s Courses
- Fantabulous Blogging 101: How to Start a Blog – start here if you are completely new to blogging and want Jessica to be your guide at starting your blog from scratch!
- Grow Your Blog Workshop: You have started your blog and are ready to grow and monetize your efforts! You will learn all about Pinterest, SEO, Working with Brands and all about Blogging Tools!
- The Creative Business Mentor : This is the cream of the crop, Ladies! You are all in and ready for real results! You get personal access to Jessica for 1 month of personal coaching on your Blog or any other creative online business!
Bonus: Pop the Champagne! Jessica is offering a very special incentive for our Pretty Mindful Mama Life Community! When you signup for a monthly coaching program and use the code “pretty mindful mama life” you will receive $100 off of your one-month package!!!
Stayed tuned for more Mompreneur ideas and resource coming soon! I will be sharing more stories of my amazing friends and colleagues! If you have any questions about lifestyle blogging leave me a comment or send me an email and I will try to respond directly or write a post to help you! xo Charlotte