These adorable DIY Valentine Pencil Toppers are perfect for Pizza Lovers! Super easy for kids to make and include my FREE printable Valentine’s Day Cards!
Pizza Pencil Toppers for Valentine’s Day
My boys love any reason to celebrate so they absolutely LOVE any holiday! From food to crafts to activities I’ve taught them to love a good theme! At our house we try not to over commercialize holidays like Valentine’s Day by buying a ton of “things” but we love baking, cooking or making crafts to celebrate! These pencil toppers are the perfect little token to share with friends that creates the experience of making them and the gift of giving them!
Supplies for DIY Pencil Toppers
The best part about making these pencil toppers is that they are perfect for using up craft scraps! I love repurposing materials for crafts with my kids. It encourages them to use their imagination, solve problems and reuse resources instead of adding to landfills! For these pencil toppers you will need:
- Fun Foam (adhesive is ideal but not necessary
- Craft Glue
- Black Pen or Marker *optional
- Small Hole Punch
- Pizza Topper Template
Family Fun Tip: Make my Easy Cheese Pizza on the day you are making these pencil toppers with the kids! It’ll be so much fun to keep the pizza theme going over dinner or lunch!
How to Make Pizza Pencil Toppers
Once the basic shapes are cut out, these toppers are easy for little ones to put together. Decide how many toppers you would like to make and cut out all the pieces included in this template and then set the kids up to assemble! Crafting with my kids is one of my favorite activities to do with them! I love their brilliant ideas and the silly songs they come up with during our crafting adventures!
- Step 1: Cut out all pieces for pencil topper included in the template
- Step 2: Attach cheese (yellow felt) piece to sauce (red felt) piece
- Step 3: Attach crust (brown fun foam) to top edge of sauce (red felt)
- Step 4: Add face to Pizza (either felt pieces or cardstock pieces punched with small hole punch or draw on with sharpie)
- Step 5: Attach foam “pepperoni” hearts to cheese (yellow felt)
- Step 6: Line glue on edges of Pizza to close seams being careful to leave an opening to insert the pencil.
- Step 7: Allow glue to dry and then either attach to the printable Valentine’s Day Cards with a glue dot or right away to a pretty Valentine pencil!
- Who can make it? I would recommend this craft for ages 5 and up if pieces are pre-cut for younger kids.
- How hard is it? The most difficult part of this craft is cutting the tiny pieces. Otherwise its all easy assembly!
- How long does it take to make? Once all the pieces of the template are cut they come together very quickly, it depends on how many you are making. I would say it takes about 10-15 minutes to make one start to finish. If you are making a large set , maybe opt for drawing on the face with sharpie markers vs. all the additional cutting.
- How messy is it? There will be a lot of clippings of foam and felt but not overly messy. Help little ones with glue to avoid a sticky mess!
- How much does it cost? These pencil toppers are relatively inexpensive depending on what supplies you have on hand!
How to Gift Pencil Toppers
I am including these free Printable Valentine Cards for the Pretty Mindful Mama Life Community Join US to download your set!
Print your cards double-sided cut them out, attach a glue dot to your card and attach your pencil topper! If you are making a class set of these toppers I suggest starting at least a week in advance making a few per day with your child
Party Tip: These pencil toppers would also be super fun to make at a pizza-themed party with kids! You could let their creations dry while the kids make homemade pizza and then include them in a loot bag at the end of the party! In a party environment I would put out additional decorations for the pizza’s like sequins, tiny beads,glitter glue, etc… to mimic pizza topics!
I love making pencil toppers with the boys and they love when they have free reign to create whatever they like! Once all the supplies are set up it’s fun for kids, even little ones like my Kindergartner to assemble! Not only do they encourage writing, they make a great activity for family bonding or birthday parties or playdates. I actually had fun making these with my niece! We did a fun valentine’s manicure, had a pizza lunch of course and then spent time chatting while we made these cute gifts for her friends!
I love when the kids gift their creations to their friends and cousins! They will absolutely adore their new pencil companions! I hope you love making this craft with your kids as much as I do! If you make them please share your creations with us on social! I’d love to see your variations! xo Charlotte
- Fun Foam
- Card Stock
- Craft Glue
- Glue Dot *Optional
- Sharpie Markers *Optional
- Small Hole Punch *Optional
- Printable Valentines
- Cut out all pieces for pencil topper included in template
- Attach cheese (yellow felt) piece to sauce (red felt) piece
- Attach crust (brown fun foam) to top edge of sauce (red felt)
- Attach foam "pepperoni" hearts to cheese (yellow felt)
- Add face to Pizza (either felt pieces or draw on with sharpie)
- Line glue on edges of Pizza to close seams being careful to leave an opening to insert the pencil.
- Allow glue to dry and then either attach to the printable Valentine's Day Cards with a glue dot or right away to a pretty Valentine pencil!