This Diy Coffee Body Scrub is so easy to make with simple ingredients like, coffee and sugar! Avocado oil makes it luxurious leaving your skin super soft!
When I think of body scrubs, I think of a pampering day at the spa! Since becoming a mom and a mom of 4 boys just a basic shower is a spa retreat for me! I’m sure many of you Moms can relate. So dreamy exfoliating is not always a part of my self-care routine. Although with this recipe, I will now be enjoying many more spa treats!
My husband loves exfoliators and was asking for my opinion on one to buy. As a Clean Beauty Advocate, the first thing I always look for on a label is fragrance! (You can find out more about how to choose safe products for your family and avoid toxic chemicals here). This product did have fragrance and a few other questionable ingredients and still dared to boast on the packaging that it was “natural” and “organic”! It was also extremely expensive for a very small amount of product. So I went right to work and created this natural, luxurious and economical alternative.
Ingredients for Coffee Body Scrub
What I love so much about this recipe is that I had all the ingredients at home to make it! We LOVE coffee at our house and have an abundant amount of espresso coffee grinds that can be used to make this scrub! I love repurposing wherever I can!
- Coffee Grinds (fresh or used)
- Coconut Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Avocado Oil
- Vanilla Extract
*Please use Organic ingredients if at all possible
What are the Benefits of a Coffee Body Scrub?
The basic benefits of exfoliating are that it helps to slough off dead skin cells and increases blood circulation, revealing a healthier glow! Here are some additional benefits of this scrub:
- The caffeine in the coffee can actually help to diminish the appearance of cellulite temporarily! Which is great news for us moms who cringe at the thought of wearing a bathing suit! The scrubbing motion dilates the blood vessels and plumps up the skin filling in those unsightly dimples!
- Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamins! It’s extremely moisturizing and anti-inflammatory. Its moisturizing quality is great for anti-aging! Keep in mind that it is a little more comedogenic (could clog pores) so it should be used sparingly with oily skin.
- Sugar is a natural source of AHA or Glycolic Acid which helps to break down dehydrated skin and promote healthy cell turnover.
How to Make Coffee Body Scrub
This scrub is so easy to whip up. It takes about 5 minutes and that includes grabbing and measuring your ingredients!
How to Store and use DIY Body Scrub
I like to store my DIY beauty treats in glass jars, you can also use mason jars or anything you like. I love packaging them for gifts tied with twine, raffia or ribbon.
I like to make homemade scrubs in small batches that can be used within a couple of weeks. 1-month max! You will know if it’s no longer good as the oil will smell rancid. You can keep it refrigerated but I know I would never remember to use it!
I wouldn’t recommend using this scrub more than 2 times per week. You can use 1 tablespoon for the entire body or less for smaller areas. I’ve used it as a lip polish and it works amazing. For a cellulite treatment, you can start by dry brushing and then apply the scrub in a circular motion (no need to be overly aggressive as you have already prepped with the dry brush), leave on while showering and then thoroughly rinse.
Why Make a Homemade Body Scrub?
What I love about making homemade beauty products is that you know exactly what ingredients are going into the products that you create! There are no microbeads in this scrub thank goodness! You can also adapt your ingredients to your personal skin type and preferences. If you prefer coconut oil, use that if you like a grainier scrub add more sugar or coffee. It’s that easy!
I hope you love this recipe and find that it’s easy enough to fit into your busy schedule because we all need a little self-care! Let me know how you enjoy it and what your favorite way to use it is! I’d love to know! xo Charlotte
Coffee Body Scrub
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar organic
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar organic
- 1/2 cup Coffee Grounds organic
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil organic
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract organic
- Add coffee to medium-sized bowl.
- Add sugars to coffee grounds.
- Add avocado oil to sugar and coffee mixture.
- Add vanilla extract to mixture.
- Mix until throughly combined.
- Transfer to a glass jar and enjoy!