Getting healthy dinners on the table everyday does not have to be a struggle. Check out my tips and tricks using the best 6 products to help you feed your family and make dinner easy so you can spend more time together!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Why is Daily Dinner Prep so Daunting?
Do you struggle with the dreaded question “What’s for Dinner?” Me too! As a busy Mompreneur with 4 hungry boys and a hubby to feed my dinner game has to be on point!
Although we are foodies and love yummy, tasty dishes, I don’t always have time during the week for anything fussy as most of you can relate i’m sure! So when I plan my dinner menu there are a few things I keep in mind:
- It has to be prepared in about 30-45 minutes (or at least prep and actual time required from me falls in that range)!
- I can adapt the one meal to meet all the “needs” of my family (I have a vegetarian, a ketoish and very picky diet to consider)!
- It is healthy and clean!
- Clean up must be relatively easy!
Why is Making Dinner Daily so Stressful?
There are so many reasons why making dinner can be stressful! There can be a lack of time, not having groceries, picky eaters, no inspiration and the list goes on…
As the sole chef currently in my home all the cooking lays on my shoulders. It’s actually a monkey on my back during the day when I’m trying to get work done for my blog or projects for clients.
Sometimes I get so carried away with my work or with my little ones at home that I realize I don’t have a dinner plan and I get totally stressed out!
Not having dinner ready when everyone gets home or before activities at my house leads to cranky attitudes, mindless snacking and general chaos. I feel like this one small thing spirals into so many other issues so I make it a priority to either have a plan or have the tools in my arsenal to save me when I don’t have a plan! I’ve discovered 6 specific products that help make dinner easy! I hope they do the same for you! *Please note this is not a sponsored post. I have purchased these products with my own money and the opinions are my own!
The Best 6 Products to Tackle Dinner Like a Boss!
- 1.This rice cooker is amazing! If I only have 20 minutes I will throw some jasmine rice in the rice cooker and it will be hot and fresh when my crew comes home. I love that it can cook while I prepare a stir-fry or a protein and some veggies. When I have about 40 minutes I can make brown rice too! It’s not overly big which is great for storage and I store left over rice right in the pot that separates from the unit in the fridge. I also love that it has a keep warm feature for when schedules are staggered and some family members are eating at different times. It’s also handy when entertaining! Overall I love that I can set it and forget it.
- 2. I love my instant pot so much! When I first purchased this for my kitchen I immediately had buyers remorse… I thought do I really need another kitchen appliance? Am I just jumping on the bandwagon and falling victim to FOMO? Where am I going store it? It’s quite bulky. It turns out I created a home for it as I use it so much now! This thing is loaded with so many features…some I haven’t even used yet! It makes the best homemade mac and cheese that can be ready in less than 15 minutes! Fall off the bone ribs in 25 minutes. Frozen chicken breast in 10 minutes. A dozen boiled eggs in 4 minutes and the shells are sooooo easy to peel! Another bonus is you can make dried beans without soaking to save time! Try making my hummus recipe this way as a make ahead family snack for the week! I’ve even made lasagna and cheesecake that was so moist and delicious. The slow cooker function is another invaluable feature! You can toss something in in the morning and then no more worries about dinner. Our favourite is beef dip sandwiches…oh the jus!! You can even make homemade yogurt for your kids with less sugar and no cornstarch! I look forward to experimenting with more soups and stews too! I was terrified of the idea of pressure cookers before I purchased my instant pot and now it a treasured partner in my kitchen!
- 3. This reversible grill/griddle is essential in my kitchen and I especially recommend it for big families! It’s the perfect indoor grill with easy clean up! It can even be put in the dishwasher! It’s also PFOA-Free, ceramic and non-stick! I love grilling souvlaki or veggie kabobs in minutes for a healthy dinner! The griddle is perfect for my pancake obsessed boys! Lots of cooking room allows me to make 6 pancakes at a time! We do a lot of breakfast for dinner which is so quick and easy with this griddle.
- 4. This airfryer has become such a fun addition to my kitchen. We rarely eat out and don’t eat a ton of fried foods. This little contraption let’s us enjoy all the traditional “fried” treats without all the guilt. Most recipes only require 1-2 tablespoons of oil to create an amazing crispy texture. I usually reserve it for Friday nights and I make homemade fries and chicken wings. I’ve made roasted vegetables in 10 minutes, chicken parm in 12 minutes and traditional “Fried” Chicken in about 20 minutes . You can reheat leftovers in it which is a nice bonus! I love that it’s big enough for my family without having to make multiple batches, which would be a deal breaker for me. I researched a ton of airfryers and got testimonials from friends who have them and I’m so glad I chose this model. The square shape really makes it more roomy and therefore more efficient. It is a bit big to store but it’s so easy to clean and the performance is so great that it’s worth the kitchen real estate! I was also really happy with the price compared to other models! Cosori even offers you an extra year of warranty when you register your product. They also include a fabulous recipe book to get you started!
- 5. This sheet pan is incredible and so versatile. Sheet pan meals are great for busy nights when you can’t think of an idea but you have lots of veggies in the fridge that you can roast with a protein. I personally love making a greek style sheet pan dinner with roasted lemon chicken, potatoes and vegetables! So quick and easy but there are so many possibilities. If you are in to meal prepping you can make large batches of chicken or fish and veggies to store for the week which makes dinner only a warm up away! You can also bake our families favourite chocolate chip cookies on these sheet pans for a delectable treat!
- 6. This waffle iron has saved me on many occasions! As I said we enjoy breakfast for dinner at least once a week! Waffles are a family favourite and we’ve been through many waffle irons. This one has been going strong for the last 2 years and it’s the best one we’ve ever had. Totally worth the investment! When I really mess up and forget to plan dinner, waffles are my go to. You can make all types of waffles there are so many features to get the exact waffle experience you are looking for. I love the digital display where I choose the buttermilk waffle setting and the third level of crispness!!! Dinner in 15 minutes right here!
Yes You Can Win Dinner With these 6 Best Products!
The right tools can save you when you don’t want to be a slave to the “what’s for dinner” question! Did you forget to defrost meat? The instant Pot can bail you out. No groceries? Breakfast for dinner can save the day! Want a tasty take-out feel that satisfies everyones cravings with no guilt? Make something crispy in the airfryer! Want a quick healthy meal in a flash a sheet pan dinner or stir-fry and rice can save the day!
I hope you find my favourite products to manage the dinner rush helpful! I’d love to here your speedy dinner hacks and your fave products to make it happen!